Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Starting to pack...

So, I have rummaged through the swimming equipment room to get as many old Grinnell t-shirts as possible (Grinnell Invite 2003, Alumni Relays 2006), and all the Dan Neely originals. i hope the little Aussie swimmers will enjoy them. All swim team/coaches contacts have been finalized. My first practice is with Nunawading Swim Club in Melbourne, AU at 5am on Monday, Aug. 18th. This team has 9 different coaches I will be working with. 5am... hmmm I wonder if this might be a good idea at Grinnell?

I plan to see Natasha Vasey (GC swim alum'97) and her 2 year old daughter for lunch at the beach on Sunday. If you are all thinking... ooh, time on the beach, surfing, sunning... well it is winter there. Temps are between 45-70 F. I am actually looking forward to that.

Thanks to: V, PB, Lindsay S., and KJ in Cal., for comments and emails!

3 comments:

Alex said...

5am? Nooooooooo!

I mean, did I say that? In any case, have fun with your trip!

Halley said...

I think 5am is an excellent idea.

Unknown said...

I only did six am but that was early enough. Hope you are having fun down under